Explore Available Job Opportunities
The MBA Sustainability Leadership Internship Program at Dow provides a unique laboratory for catalyzed learning around real-world projects and challenges facing industry. The objective of the program is to create an experience for exceptional MBA students who can bring new ideas and insights to the needs of a changing global marketplace while helping to integrate sustainability throughout the organization. Ultimately, the program develops a powerful employment pipeline of future leaders with an appreciation for integrating sustainability into business development and management decisions.
The program is designed to be more than just a summer internship experience. It is intended to develop a talented employment pipeline of future leaders of sustainability. The exceptional students who accept offers of employment enter a career development rotation that offers a unique opportunity to learn about Dow’s sustainability journey from a corporate, business, functional or geographic perspective. This also allows MBA students to build relationships, enhance knowledge base and lay the foundation for long-term career opportunities.
Duration of program (could include both internship and MBA rotations)
The 12-week summer internship is designed to:
- Provide MBA students with a thought-provoking professional and personal learning experience
- Support high-priority business acceleration projects that will help grow the next generation of Dow’s businesses
- Ensure visibility among executive leaders and management teams
- Encourage professional training, mentoring and career development
- Stimulate and challenge thinking on novel ideas for new markets, products, processes and services
Dow is looking for candidates who have the passion and entrepreneurial spirit to grow sustainable business.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a global team environment with both technical and non-technical disciplines
- Possess excellent business skills, understand value creation, have an innovative spirit, and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Provide expertise and an outside-in viewpoint based on previous jobs and experience
- Express a keen desire to integrate environmental protection, social welfare and economic prosperity into profitable business opportunities
- Have a commitment to global sustainability by using business as a tool for environmental and social change
* You must have the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis. Applicants who do not have the necessary work authorization will not be considered for this position.
MBA Internship Assignments
The MBA Sustainability Leadership Internship Program identifies exciting business projects that integrate sustainability with business development. The program’s project portfolio consists of a diverse set of opportunities such as:
- Evaluation of access and trends associated with new market development
- Assessment of market entry options and business models for sustainable products and services that address world challenges and increase differentiation
- Engagement with customers and consumers on sustainability attributes and expectations that enable higher brand loyalty, reputation and goodwill among value chain partners
- Development of cost and energy-saving measures through operational efficiency
- Creation of frameworks designed to identify and evaluate opportunities for sustainable business growth
The MBA Sustainability Leadership Internship Program can open doors to many opportunities for professional growth. Upon completion of the program, employees position themselves well for full-time employment based on available jobs and the individual's area of preference and performance.