Dow Co-op Program
Dow collaborates with U.S. universities and colleges to offer the following:
- Our alternating-term co-op program allows students to alternate between periods of study and paid on-the-job training while working toward a degree. You will get to work at different Dow locations across the United States as you move from one assignment to the next.
- In our college co-op program, you come to work for Dow in a location close to your school. You will be able to attend classes for part of the day and work for the other part of the day.
Dow’s paid internships provide university and college students with on-the-job training.
Those who successfully complete internships at Dow may be considered for regular full-time positions following graduation.
Customer Service Internships
Customer Service offers a 12-week internship program that provides qualified college students a great work experience in a dynamic, customer-centric environment. Internship projects typically focus on optimizing work process and reducing the time taken to collect payment from our customers.
We offer internships in Finance to:
- students working towards their undergraduate or master’s degree in Accounting who typically have one final year remaining in their degree program
- MBA students with a business related concentration such as Finance or Economics
Interns in Finance get to work on real and meaningful projects while learning more about Dow’s Finance organization. As an intern, you’ll also benefit from personalized coaching by a Dow leader assigned to mentor you during your time with us. Learn more.
General Management MBA Program
Dow is at a very exciting time in our growth as a leading global company. We have truly visionary leadership intent on transforming the earnings profile of the company. Our aspiration is nothing less than to be the largest, most profitable and most respected chemical company in the world. A key element of our strategy is to assemble the best possible talent from around the world to join Dow.
The objective of the General Management MBA Program is to create an accelerated path to senior leadership for a few exceptional people who can bring new ideas and insights to the opportunities and challenges facing Dow. In doing so, we will also create a powerful pipeline of future executive leaders for our company.
MBA Internship Opportunities
- Exclusive Corporate Program
- Work on significant “enterprise level” projects with access to top executives
- Personal, assigned mentoring from C-level executives and Executive Vice Presidents
- Relocation and accommodations included
- Best in class compensation package
- Interns are primary source for full-time opportunities
- Opportunities for international travel
Target Candidate Profile
- Excitement about prospect of running a large international business
- Aspiration to executive-level General Management roles
- 5-7 years of work experience at an operating company; preferred
- Prior experience with global business and ability to embrace the Midwest US culture – open, friendly, and straight forward
- Ability to create and leverage network of contacts throughout Business School and professional experiences
- Demonstrated community leadership
Human Resources Internships
Our internship program is for students majoring in business, human resources, labor and industrial relations, organizational development and design, or industrial psychology. You will work in an area of HR where you can learn more about the role of the group. Learn More.
Dow’s Information Research (IR) group, a function of Dow’s Research & Development organization, provides Information Technology and Information Management based solutions to Dow’s R&D groups. Internships and co-op opportunities in IR offer students the chance to gain experience in a variety of fields, including high performance computing, scientific data analysis and integration, robotics, lab automation, systems development, and technical support. Learn more.
Manufacturing & Engineering Internships
Dow recruits at selected universities and other venues, including career fairs, to identify engineering students for internship opportunities available where we have manufacturing facilities. These internships are an excellent way to gain valuable experience in one of the many roles within Manufacturing & Engineering. Generally, the program requires students to have completed their second year of engineering studies as well as selected an engineering discipline for which Dow recruits. Learn more.
The internship program offered by Dow’s marketing organization is for MBA students who have completed the first year of their MBA curriculum and have at least three years’ prior work experience.
The internship provides participants the opportunity to learn more about Dow’s marketing organization through the completion of a project. Projects include:
- Defining market trends, needs and structure
- Providing recommendations on new markets or industries to pursue
- Developing new business ideas
- Conducting a value chain analysis for a particular market/industry
- Creating value models to identify value creation of new product/service offerings
- Participating in the implementation of a new business concept and strategic plan
- Using transactional data to identify opportunities to improve profit margins
Currently, internships in Marketing are offered only in Dow North America. To participate, you have to be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Learn more.
Public Affairs Internships
Public Affairs internships provide students with opportunities to gain experience in the corporate communications and public relations area. Students will develop and improve their strategic planning, writing, event planning and advertising skills.
Interns get to work on projects within Public Affairs including, but not limited to:
- Employee Communication
- Marketing Communication
- Issues Management
- Corporate Reputation and Branding
Students majoring in journalism, communication, public relations, marketing, advertising or related disciplines and have completed their sophomore year in college will be considered for internships with Dow Public Affairs. Learn more.
Supply Chain Internships
Internships in Supply Chain offer students the opportunity to gain valuable experience in designing or optimizing distribution networks, implementing supply and demand management improvements, and/or supporting logistics operations.
Students majoring in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management and Engineering will be considered for these internship opportunities. Learn more.