2017-2018 Campus Graduate Commercial Development Program
Marketing & Sales
Date Posted: 05/24/2017
Job Number: 1701674
We are seeking a graduate for an exciting career in commercial for one of Dow’s businesses. This role is within the Commercial function, managing our business activity and relationship with our customers.
Initially, you will go through a 12 month development program within Dow Chemical Commercial Support. The program provides corporate orientation and practical skills to maximize career potential; provides valuable work experience and exposure to Dow to set you up for success as you begin your career. This entry-level development program has been recognized as one of the best in the industry.
Training Program Structure
- World-class Dow corporate and sales oriented training program: structured workshops and training sessions designed to build account management capabilities, transactional skills and technical knowledge of markets and applications within the assigned business
- Job shadowing in sales and customer service
- Assume sales responsibilities on project assignment exploring and developing sales growth opportunities for Dow, learning tools and methodologies you will eventually utilize on behalf of your customers
- Customer visits with experienced sales and technical service personnel
- Networking with experienced Dow colleagues and building mentoring relationship
A one-year program of structured training and in-business assignment experience prepares recent graduates to become Account Manager for one of Dow’s global businesses.
- All education background welcome however preference will be given to those with technical degrees such as chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, marketing and business administration.
- Passion for business
- Interests in variety in job
- High interpersonal skills
- High degree of freedom and flexibility in designing your work week and how you go about developing and achieving your goals
- Confidence to handle significant amount of responsibility and accountability early in your career
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to relocate to other city for placement in sales job
- Want to use one’s technical degree
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2015, Dow had annual sales of nearly $49 billion and employed approximately 49,500 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 product families are manufactured at 179 sites in 35 countries across the globe. On June 1, 2016, Dow became the 100 percent owner of Dow Corning Corporation’s silicones business, a global company with sales of greater than $4.5 billion in 2015, 25 manufacturing sites in 9 countries and approximately 10,000 employees worldwide. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
Join Our Talent Community
Join our community (http://www.dow.com/en-us/careers/dow-talent-community) to stay up-to-date on career events, job opportunities, company news, and projects in your field of interest. Our recruiters may also use this information to contact you when they have an opportunity that may be of interest to you.