Technical Service & Development Specialist for Dow Microbial Control
Date Posted: 07/31/2017
Job Number: 1703353
- Supporting our customers with world class technical service, especially in paints & coatings, but also and home & personal care and oil & gas, home & personal care applications.
- Providing technical advice, sponsoring laboratory work and executing field tests and involve R&D and product development.
- Management of the local service laboratory
- Accelerating growth of Dow Microbial Control's products in its markets, specifically in-can preservation.
- Ideally PhD degree (MSc will also be considered).
- Knowledge in Biological Sciences (most preferably Microbiology), Chemistry (most preferably Organic Chemistry or Biocides).
- Industrial experience of 5 years ideally in TS&D or sales.
- Experience in microbiology or biocides would be preferred.
- Candidates with different profiles from the paints & coatings or the oil & gas industries would be considered as well.
- A background in environmental/industrial microbiology, chemical knowledge (e.g. formulations), and/or working knowledge in a relevant market segment would be considered a plus.
- Good English language skills are a must. German and French isconsidered as an advantage.
- Available to travel up to a 50% of the time.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer